This is the second part of the “bear” section.
Here are the rest of the instalments:
- Brown Bears – https://humanimalsblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/14-reasons-why-brown-bears-are-similar-to-human-beings/
- Giant Pandas – https://humanimalsblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/7-reasons-why-giant-pandas-are-similar-to-human-beings/
- Polar Bears – https://humanimalsblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/13-reasons-why-polar-bears-are-similar-to-human-beings/
- Sloth Bears, Spectacled Bears and Sun Bears – https://humanimalsblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/19-reasons-why-sloth-bears-spectacled-bears-and-sun-bears-are-similar-to-human-beings/
1. Om-Nom-Nom-Nivores – Black bears are omnivores and so are humans.
2. Brothers and Sisters – Black bears have a common ancestor much like humans do.
3. Chilly – The black bear is said to have survived the last ice age and so did humans.
4. Got To Get Stronger – Black bears have evolved and so have humans.
5. Dexterity Is Key – Black bears can open jars and unlock door latches and humans can also do this.
6. Run in the Forest, Run – Black bears can run at speeds of 25-30 mph and the average running speed of humans is said to be 27.44 mph.
7. Colour-tastic! – Black bears have been found to be particularly good at visual tasks involving colour, much like humans are.
8. Squares and Triangles – Black bears can learn and very quickly understand the differences between shapes, much like humans can.
9. Up the Tree – Black bears can climb and so can humans.
10. Bearstroke – Black bears can swim and so can humans.
11. Up and At ‘Em – Black bears can be active at any time of day or night and so can humans.
12. This Is My Patch – You could say that humans are territorial of their homes, or land, and black bears are too.
13. DIY – Black bears dig out their own dens and some humans build their own houses.
14. Just Eat It – Black bears can feed at any time and so can humans.
15. Hunters – Black bears have been known to hunt deer and so have humans.